* 1 nights’ accommodation at select hotel
* 2 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus with licensed,
English speaking Israeli tour educator & Jordanian guide in Petra
* Flight Eilat - Tel Aviv
* Border taxes & visa
* Transfers and VIP assistance from and to the airport
* All site entrance fees and program fees as per itinerary
* Meals: daily breakfast & 1 lunch
* Water on the bus during touring days
* Portage at the airport and hotels
Day Twelve: Monday, December 30, 2019 | 8th night of Hanukkah
INTO THE DESERT
- Breakfast at the hotel, followed by check-out.
- Drive south to the Israeli Desert.
- Stop at the gravesite of Israel’s first Prime Minister, David Ben Gurion, located at Sde Boker in the Negev Desert.
- Explore the geological wonders of the Ramon Crater while overlooking the Wilderness of Zinn, followed by a short hike in the Ein Avdat Nature Reserve.
- Lunch (not included in package), en route.
- Rappel down the cliffs of the Ramon Crater OR take a jeep tour.
- (Optional) View the multi-faceted nature of the Ramon Crater at the Mitzpe Ramon Visitors’ Center.
- Drive through the Arava Desert and arrive in
- Check into the hotel.
- Dinner (not included in package).
Day Thirteen: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- Breakfast at the hotel, followed by check-out.
- Early departure for the Arava Border Crossing.
- Upon completion of passport procedures, cross into Jordan.
- Travel through the Arava to the ancient Nabatean City of Petra, situated between the Red Sea and the Dead Sea which was an important crossroad between Arabia, Egypt, and Syria-Phoenicia.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Return to the Arava Border Crossing.
- Transfer to the Ramon Airport.
- Domestic flight to Tel Aviv.
- Land at Sde Dov Airport & transfer to Ben Gurion International Airport.
- Assistance & check-in for your return flight to the US.
Day Fourteen: Wednesday, January 1, 2020
UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN
Need to Know
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 20 Sep 2019
- Group rates are per person based on double occupancy and a minimum of 19 full-paying participants. Should the number of participants drop below the minimum listed above, we will adjust the cost of the trip to reflect the additional expense of operating the program.
- Tour prices are per person in U.S. dollars. All hotel accommodations, motor coach transportation, special dinners, sightseeing, admissions, luggage handling and the services of local guides, drivers, and the tour guide/educator are included.
Da'at Educational Expeditions reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits. Notification of any changes will be made explicitly to the participants where relevant.
- Initial deposit of $500 per person, non-refundable, non-transferable is due at the time of reservation unless another amount is indicated for the particular trip or seminar.
- Final payment is due 90 days before the scheduled trip begins, or as specified in your invoice.
Cancelations need to be made in writing. Cancelation fees will be based on the date that the written cancelation is received.
- 90 days or more prior to departure: the deposit
- 89 to 46 days prior to departure: 50% of the total trip cost
- 45 days to the day of departure/no-show: 100% of the total trip cost
Cancelation fees may also include:
- Hotel or supplier cancelation fees.
- For trips in Israel only: The cost of the PEACE OF MIND TRAVEL PROTECTION PROGRAM (POM), if this was purchased.
- Group airfare penalty fee.
We strongly recommend that you purchase your own travel insurance. Please discuss land, air and health insurance options with your insurance provider or contact Travel Insured at 1-800-344-6226, ext. 257. Some insurance programs provide more comprehensive coverage when the policy is purchased in close proximity to the initial trip deposit. We, therefore, recommend that you secure insurance within 14 days of your initial deposit payment date.
The trip price includes all hotel accommodations, in hotel rooms with private baths. Our standard is to provide the best available hotels while considering value. Although the level of the accommodations may differ slightly from hotel to hotel, we are committed to your comfort. Standard-size rooms are generally smaller outside of North America. They usually accommodate two people and include either one queen-size bed or two single beds (pushed together and made up separately, but with one headboard). While some hotels provide an extra bed in a standard-size room for use by a child under the age of 12, we recommend that families of four or more should book adjoining or connecting rooms.
Are included as specified in the itinerary.
TOUR EDUCATOR OR GUIDE
All trips are conducted by our tour educators or local guides who remain with the group throughout the tour.
All gratuities for restaurant staff at group meals are included.
- Transportation in the evening when dinner is on own.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals etc are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d’hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- Snacks on the bus (unless indicated otherwise)
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Gratuities for Tour Educator (Guide) and Driver. We recommend the following guidelines for tips (amounts indicated in US dollars):
Group of 20 participants and more:
Da'at Tour Educator: $8 | Local Guide: $5 | Driver: $3 - per participant per day
Group of 10–19 participants:
Da'at Tour Educator: $10 | Local Guide: $6 | Driver: $3 - per participant per day
Hostess (when included in the package):
$2 per participant per day or a minimum of $50 per day total
A security guard and/or a youth counselor (when included):
$1 per participant per day per security guard, per youth counselor
GUIDELINES FOR REGISTERING CHILDREN (UNDER AGE 18)
- The first two people in any double or triple room are charged full package rates as adults, even if the second person is a child under the age of 18.
For this reason, the first two people you select for a double or triple room MUST be selected as adults in order for the registration process to succeed.
To register the following room configurations:
- For double room occupancy for:
- 1 adult & 1 child - Please select 2 adults.
- 2 children - Please select 2 adults.
- For triple room occupancy for:
- 2 adults & 1 child - Please select 2 adults & 1 child**
- 1 adult & 2 children - Please select 2 adults & 1 child**
- 3 children - Please select 2 adults & 1 child**
(**Reduced rate for a child as a 3rd in a triple room will only be applied if the child is under the age of 18)
To Register Now, click here