* 3 nights’ accommodation at a select hotel
* 3 days of touring in a luxury, air-conditioned bus with licensed, English speaking local tour guide
* ARZA WORLD tour educator from arrival to departure
* 1 group transfer and assistance to and from the airport
* All site entrance fees and program fees as per itinerary
* Meals: daily breakfast & 2 dinners
* Portage at the hotel
Arrival Flight: Departing from Atlanta on Thursday, April 23 at 5:52 pm. Arriving in Madrid on Friday, April 24 at 08:30.
Departure Flight: Departing from Madrid on Monday, April 27 11:00 am. Arriving in Atlanta the same day at 2:55 pm.
Day One: Thursday, April 23, 2020
Day Two: Friday, April 24, 2020
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL
- 8:35 a.m. Arrival at Madrid International Airport.
- Meet your tour educator who will accompany you on this journey of education and inspiration.
- Begin your visit to Madrid with a panoramic city tour, including stops to see:
- Puerta Del Sol, the center of the city.
- Plaza de España, which features a monument to Spanish novelist, poet, and playwright Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.
- Puerta de Alcala, "Alcala Gate," a monument in the Plaza de la Independencia, "Independence Square."
- Plaza Colón, known for its unique statues celebrating the voyages of Columbus; view the magnificent fountains of Poseidon and Cibeles.
- Plaza Mayor to bear witness to the many auto-da-fé’s that took place here.
- The San Miguel Market, famous for its sumptuous tapas dishes.
- Visit the Prado, one of the world's most renowned art museums and the best collection of classical art in Madrid.
- Check into the hotel.
- Kabbalat Shabbat services at a local Progressive synagogue followed by Shabbat dinner with the members of the community.
Day Three: Saturday, April 25, 2020
EXPLORING JEWISH ROOTS
- Drive to Segovia, a microcosm of the story of Jews in Iberia, from Roman times until the Expulsion.
- Visit the Jewish cemetery on the slopes opposite Segovia.
- Return to Madrid and explore the Reina Sofía National Museum and Art Center, which houses Madrid's best collection of modern art, including masterpieces by Picasso, Miró, Kandinsky, Dalí, Bacon, and more.
- Return to the hotel.
- Ben Kodesh Lechol:
- Evening at leisure.
Day Four: Sunday, April 26, 2020
TOLEDO AND TWO THOUSAND YEARS OF CONQUEST AND CULTURE
- Depart for Toledo, which remains much as it was in the 16th century and begin with a panoramic tour of the city.
- Tour the city, including the Jewish Quarter, the Samuel Halevi Abulafia Synagogue, which was turned into a church known as Nuestra Señora del Tránsito, the Sephardic Museum, and the Santa Maria La Blanca Church (formerly the Grand Synagogue).
- Visit the El Greco Museum, dedicated to the painter and the influence his work and personality had on early 17th-century Toledo.
- Return to Madrid.
- Festive farewell dinner and group reflection at a restaurant.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day Five: Monday, April 27, 2020
UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN
- Breakfast at the hotel, followed by check-out.
- Transfer to Madrid International Airport for your return flight to the US.
Need to Know
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: December 23, 2019
- Group rates are per person based on double occupancy and a minimum of 20 full-paying participants. Should the number of participants drop below the minimum listed above, we will adjust the cost of the trip to reflect the additional expense of operating the program.
- Tour prices are per person in U.S. dollars. All hotel accommodations, motor coach transportation, special dinners, sightseeing, admissions, luggage handling and the services of local guides, drivers, and the tour guide/educator are included.
Da'at Educational Expeditions reserves the right to adjust its terms of payment, including cancelation policies and initial deposits. Notification of any changes will be made explicitly to the participants where relevant.
- Initial deposit of $500 per person, non-refundable, non-transferable is due at the time of reservation unless another amount is indicated for the particular trip or seminar.
- Final payment is due 90 days before the scheduled trip begins, or as specified in your invoice.
Cancelations need to be made in writing. Cancelation fees will be based on the date that the written cancelation is received.
- 90 days or more prior to departure: the deposit
- 89 to 46 days prior to departure: 50% of the total trip cost
- 45 days to the day of departure/no-show: 100% of the total trip cost
Cancelation fees may also include:
- Hotel or supplier cancelation fees.
- Group airfare penalty fee.
We strongly recommend that you purchase your own travel insurance. Please discuss land, air and health insurance options with your insurance provider or contact Travel Insured at 1-800-344-6226, ext. 257. Some insurance programs provide more comprehensive coverage when the policy is purchased in close proximity to the initial trip deposit. We, therefore, recommend that you secure insurance within 14 days of your initial deposit payment date.
The trip price includes all hotel accommodations, in hotel rooms with private baths. Our standard is to provide the best available hotels while considering value. Although the level of the accommodations may differ slightly from hotel to hotel, we are committed to your comfort. Standard-size rooms are generally smaller outside of North America. They usually accommodate two people and include either one queen-size bed or two single beds (pushed together and made up separately, but with one headboard). While some hotels provide an extra bed in a standard-size room for use by a child under the age of 12, we recommend that families of four or more should book adjoining or connecting rooms.
Are included as specified in the itinerary.
TOUR EDUCATOR OR GUIDE
All trips are conducted by our tour educators or local guides who remain with the group throughout the tour.
All gratuities for restaurant staff at group meals are included.
- Transportation in the evening when dinner is on own.
- Amendments to the program: In the event that any sites, programs or meals, etc are added to the program, an additional fee may be required.
- Personal extras: Items of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, beverages, coffee, tea, food other than the table d'hotel menu, passport and visa fees, insurance, and foreign port taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- Water or snacks on the bus (unless indicated otherwise)
- US and foreign airport taxes, Q fuel surcharge and border taxes when applicable.
- Gratuities for Tour Educator (Guide) and Driver. We recommend the following guidelines for tips (amounts indicated in US dollars):
Group of 20 participants and more:
Da'at Tour Educator: $8 | Local Guide: $5 | Driver: $3 - per participant per day
Hostess (when included in the package):
$2 per participant per day or a minimum of $50 per day total
A security guard and/or a youth counselor (when included):
$1 per participant per day per security guard, per youth counselor
|Temple Sinai of Atlanta|
Exploring Madrid 2020
Led by Rabbi Sam Trief
|2020||Land Only||Status|| |
|Apr 23||$2170||On Sale|